Friday, October 9, 2009

Book reviews

Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack, Book 1) Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy by L.A. Meyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Fun to listen to on a road trip to Escalante, Utah



Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I struggeled with the first part of this book because it was so silly. The main characters foster family is so outrageous that they weren't even believable. It also seemed like he "borrowed" a lot from the Harry Potter series. There were times where I could tell that this was written by a teenage author. But I stuck with it and it got better. All around not a bad book.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: