Monday, January 11, 2010

Update

I know I'm a terrible blogger, but I thought Id give you a quick update on whats going on in the Mounteer household:

Jason is still working hard. He got an iPod touch for Chirstmas and is enjoying all the new apps he has put on it. He is also liking the Wi-Fi connection so he has internet access at work. He still works a lot, but took some much needed time off during the holidays. One of his main goals this year is to stop working his second job. His plan for this is to try to convince his wife (me) to go back to school so that I can work in a job that pays better. I'm protesting. The problem is I don't know what I want to be when I grow up...actually the bigger problem is that I don't want to grow up at all.

Steph is still liking her "new" job in the Mammography Department as a scheduler. My favorite part is the drive. It takes me 10 minutes to get to work and I can go two whole weeks on one tank of gas. I also love being able to play on facebook and blogging while at work. I hate how winter throws a wrench into my running...either it's too cold, the air quality is too bad or there is snow all over the parkway, but I try to get out as often as possible. As long as it's above 20 degrees I'll go out, and honestly the air doesn't really bother me. Of course when I'm diagnosed with lung cancer from breathing in all that yucky air I may wish that I had let it bother me. Funny that I'd rather run outside in 20 degree weather than on a stupid treadmill!

Braden turned 16 this last year and got his licence, a car and two jobs. It took a while to find a job, but for the month of December he worked two jobs at the same time. It got a little crazy, but he survived and now just works at the movie theater. The perks include free movies for him and a guest which really comes in handy for dates. I'm still waiting for him to take me to see Avatar though. He is working hard in school and taking some difficult classes. For the first time he is realizing that sometimes you have to study for tests. He's a great kid though and gives me very few problems. I am grateful that when I hear others talking about how much they want to kill their teenagers I can say: 'That's too bad for you...I really enjoy my teens.'

Brooklynn is still ice skating. She's playing with the idea of competing two programs instead of just one as she has for the last couple of years. She is really enjoying Jr High school and earned a 4.0 GPA for first term, and is on track to earn one for second term as well. She also serves as the Beehive class president in Young Womens and I am constantly hearing her praises at church. She is a great kid and everyone seems to know it.

So there you have a little update on what we've been up to. I'll try to be better, especially at taking pictures, but I don't make any promises.

No comments: