Friday, October 21, 2011

Books

Well, I have surpassed the number of books that I read in 2010. I just finished my 52nd book for the year and October's not even over. I'll do better towards my goal of 100 books this year, but still won't quite make it. Oh well. I never really expected to. I purposely set the goal high to keep me motivated. Who knows, maybe one year I'll get there, when the kids are grown and I don't have to work and I've lost my iPhone so I don't waste so much time playing games on it...maybe.

Anyway, here's a list of my 5 star books so far this year:
Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall...I totally recommend this to anyone who works out, or wants to work out!
Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society #2) by Ally Carter...smart, and lots of fun
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Vespers Rising by Rick Riordan
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
Everlost, Everwild and Everfound by Neal Shusterman
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
These is My Words by Nancy Turner
Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde...super funny and clever
Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers #4) by Dave Barry

Honorable Mentions:
The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl #2) Read this one with my ears and LOVED the reader. The story was good too.
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans...a completely different genre for Evans, but liked it and am anxious for the next one.
Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #1) by Heather Brewer
Reckless by Cornelia Funke
A World Without Heros by Brandon Mull...gotta love Brandon Mull
The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles #2) by Rick Riordan
Illusions by Aprillynn Pike...Ive decided I really like books about faeries
Dark Days and Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant #4 and #5) by Derek Landy
Princess of Glass and Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan...he's been busy this year!
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
River Secrets and Forst Born (The Books of Bayern #3 and #4) by Shannon Hale

Don't Bother!!!
Witch and Wizard: The Gift by James Patterson
Unraveled by Gena Showalter
Skinned by Robin Wasserman...the story concept was way cool, but the main character was a B*&^% from you know where

So there ya go! The good, the bad and the ugly.

No comments: