Monday, April 6, 2009

I did it!

Today was my first venture into couponing. It was a baby step, but it paid off!

Albertsons was having a deal on cereal...buy 3 Special K cereals and get free eggs, plus get a coupon for free milk on your next shopping trip. And the cereal was on sale, and I had coupons from Sunday's paper for $1.50 off any Kellogg's cereal.

So I got 3 boxes of Special K cereal(red berries, my favorite, cinnamon pecan and blueberry)and a dozen eggs, plus a diet coke because I was on my way to work and knew I would be needing it today (rough night last night) and spent $3.79 plus I have my coupon for free milk for next time. Actually the cashier rung up an extra coupon for $2 off, not sure where that came from, so I really should have spent like $5-something, but considering the cereal is regular price $4.69, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

2 comments:

Leisa said...

Yay! Great job Steph. It's fun, huh? We should get together and go bargain shopping this summer.

Steph said...

yeah, lets do it.