Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Job

Well after 6 weeks, 4 interviews and 4 rejection emails I finally landed a new job!!! I'll be working at the Breast Care Center at IMC doing scheduling and reception for the Mammography Department. 20 hours a week, no nights, no weekends and no holidays! I am excited, but nervous. I have been at InstaCare for 9 years. Can you believe it? Brook was only 2 when I started there. Wow, how time flies. Thanks to everyone who crossed their fingers and prayed for me. It finally paid off.

7 comments:

Leisa said...

YAY!! So exciting! So did you tell them you can't work Thursday's?? :) Congrats on the new job. Sounds fun.

Steph said...

I haven't told them anything yet, I have only talked to the recruiter. The manager of the department is supposed to call me to set up my schedule, so we'll talk about it then. I haven't even told them I need 10 days off in June for our cruise. Hopefully its not a problem.

Leisa said...

When do you start?

Kara said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. When do you start? Sorry I didn't congratulate you in person last night, but I had no idea.

Steph said...

I start training this Wednesday. I'm still working at InstaCare, so I'll be pulling double duty this week. My official last day at IC is May 5th.

Misse said...

Yeah! You get to work at the boobie spa! What's your schedule? And do you want Fablehaven 4 on CD? I have it from Angela who had it from the library... I was suppose to ask you last week... Sorry ang...

Steph said...

It looks like I won't have a set schedule. Usually I'll just work 2 days a week, 8-10 hour shifts between the ours of 7am and 530pm. Leisa...I requested to have Thursdays off but the best she could tell me was she would try. In June I'll need to take Tuesdays off over Thursdays if I can because of Shakespeare rehearsals. We'll just have to see.